Riders in Hounslow and neighbouring boroughs are being invited to take part in a free safety session later this month.
The four-hour Biker Down! London course teaches riders what to do if they are the first on the scene at a collision which involves a biker.
Topics covered include:
- How to manage the scene if you come across a collision
- How to help an injured rider by providing early intervention at the roadside
- Motorcycle-specific first aid – how to remove a helmet and practical tips on safer riding
Once completed, those who participate will receive:
- A first aid kit designed to be carried under the seat of a motorbike
- A certificate of attendance
Participants will also qualify for a discount to attend the BikeSafe-London Rider Skills Day, delivered by the Met Police’s Motorcycle Safety Team.
The Biker Down! London course received a ringing endorsement from Graham Gardner, co-owner of Heathrow Motorcycle Training, who said: “Mark, Grant and I attended the Biker Down! course for instructors run at West Norwood Fire Station last month.
“It was a great afternoon and really well presented – we are now promoting BikerDown! London to all our customers.”
The free Hounslow course is being held at Heston Fire Station (TW7 4HR) on Saturday 24 February (9.00am – 1.00pm or 2.00pm – 6.00pm). It will be delivered by the London Borough of Hounslow in partnership with the London Fire Brigade, London Ambulance service and Transport for London.
Click here for more details about the course and to book a place.
02 February 2018